If you wish a deputy attend your event for educational or security purposes please fill out the following form. We require at least 2 weeks advance notice of your event to allow for scheduling.
This form is NOT MONITORED 24/7/365. If you need to speak to a deputy about an incident DO NOT submit your information here. Instead please call our non-emergency dispatch at 505-334-6622 or for emergencies please dial 911.
Special Security Request Rules: In order to balance the needs of the community with available Sheriff’s Office resources, the Sheriff’s Office maintains a policy for providing Special Security to events. Per this policy, entities requesting special security must understand that:
• Sheriff’s Office presence for special security is to maintain the peace. Laws will be equally enforced with any action being impartially taken.
• All requests for special security must be made at least two weeks prior to the event. Requests made with less than two weeks’ notice may not be approved due to logistical restrictions.
• Once received, all special security requests will be screened to ensure that the event does not:
o Conflict with the goals and objectives of the Sheriff’s Office;
o Constitute a conflict of interest; or
o Cause negative public opinion.
• The decision to participate in special security is at the discretion of the Sheriff’s Office. If it is deemed the event may violate one of the above mentioned standards, the request may be denied.
• The hourly rate for special security has been set by the Sheriff’s Office, taking into consideration deputy overtime pay and vehicle/equipment costs.
• The Sheriff’s Office will make every effort to fulfill this request but due to the nature of our work and unforeseen exigent circumstances that occasionally arise, we may not be able to fulfill this request. In such an instance, any prepaid monies will be refunded in full.